**Disclaimer: Our COVID policies and procedures are subject to change without warning at any time.
October 13th, 2020
- RMH will require all guests to arrive with either a negative rapid, PCR, or saliva COVID-19 test result from the last 72 hours.
- A mandatory health screening questionnaire will be sent to all guests 1 week prior to their arrival and will need to be returned no later than 1 day before arrival.
- Daily temperature and oxygen level tests will be conducted at Ruby 360 Lodge for all guests.
- Neck gaiters will be provided for all guests. The gaiters have an antimicrobial treatment on the fabric.
- Face coverings are required when social distancing cannot be properly observed, especially in the helicopter, snowcats, and transport vehicles.
- Regular hand-washing or sanitizing is encouraged for all guests.
- All guides are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result upon their arrival at RMH.
- Guides and staff will undergo daily temperature and oxygen level tests.
- All guides and staff will adhere to regular hand-washing and sanitizing.
- All guides and staff will undergo COVID-19 health and safety training.
- 2 MoleKule Air Purification systems.
- Industrial disinfecting sprayer.
- Regular environmental testing of lodge through air testing and surface swabs with rapid results.
- Hand sanitizing stations.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces and guest rooms.
August 27, 2020
From Ruby’s beginning in 1977, our priority has been the health and safety of our employees and guests. Ruby Mountain Heli-Ski wants to ensure our guests that we are in full compliance with local, state, and federal regulations concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, and are looking forward to skiing with you for our winter 2021 season.
There’s no better place to social-distance than the remote Ruby Mountains. Ruby Mountain Heli-Ski is a privately-owned operation, and is not affiliated with any commercial ski resort. There’s not a chair lift, large resort, or ski town in sight.
Before arrival, ski guests are required to sign a waiver stating they are in good health, not displaying any applicable symptoms, and have not been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19. We will also be conducting daily temperature checks of all guests.
We book a maximum of 16 skiers for 3-day tours and guests ski/board in groups of 4 with a guide. Our lodge, transport vehicles, helicopter and snowcats will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
Just like any other year, deposits are non-refundable. Balances are due 60 days prior to the tour, giving ample time for cancellation if a guest is uncomfortable with the current state of the pandemic. If a cancellation is made within the 60 days prior to the tour date due to a COVID-19-related reason (refer to applicable criteria in section 19b in terms and conditions), RMH will retain 50% of the balance payment, and rollover 50% to a date the following year.
In the event RMH should cease operation and cancel a tour as the result of a government mandate, RMH will credit 100% of all balance payments to a later date in the current season or a tour in the following season.
Our full Terms and Conditions, which detail our current policy on COVID-19 cancellations is below.
Thank you for trusting us with your ski memories year after year, and we’re looking forward to you joining us for Ruby Magic in 2021.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out at any time.
Joe, Francy and Mike Royer
Terms and Conditions
WE MUST STRONGLY ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS INDUSTRY THERE ARE COMMITMENTS WE MUST MAKE LONG BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL! PLEASE, CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BEFORE MAKING YOUR RESERVATION.
1. Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing package includes professional guides, Avalanche pack, and use of transceivers. Powder skis and poles are included in three day tour packages, and are available for a $30.00 rental fee for the single day tour packages.
1a. The three day tour package includes 3 nights lodging double occupancy, breakfast and lunch each day, dinner on the 2nd and 3rd nights, ski rental, Elko Airport Shuttle, guide service and a vertical guarantee of 15 runs. Skiers may ski up to 18 runs at no additional charge.
1b. The single day includes lodging on arrival night, breakfast and lunch, Elko Airport Shuttle, guide service, and a guarantee of 5 runs. Skiers may ski up to 6 runs at no additional charge.
2a. Our weekend package runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday, our midweek package runs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. You will arrive prior to your first day of skiing. The packages end on Sunday and Wednesday.
2b. Single Day skiing is available only on Thursdays. You will arrive on Wednesday evening.
3. A $1,500.00 deposit per person is required to reserve space for the 3 day package. A $325.00 deposit is required to reserve space for a single day with Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing. This deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. This includes a drought situation, or if Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing should cancel you, and the situation of an injury related cancellation. We recommend Trip Insurance!
4. If full payment is not received 60 days prior to the first day of your reservation, Ruby Mountain Heli-Ski reserves the right to release the seat.
5. If a cancellation is received before the reservation date, and the skier has an immediate replacement for the trip booked, the deposit and balance paid will be transferred to the replacement, subject to the rescheduling fee. If a skier does not have a replacement skier at the time of cancellation, and the cancellation is within 60 days of their reservation date, all payments (deposit and balance) will be retained by Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing If Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing is able to fill the seat with a full pay skier we will refund all payments less a $250.00 rebooking charge for 3 day packages and $85 for 1 day packages. We reserve the right to fill the seat with a non full pay skier in which case there is no refund.
6. A $45.00 rescheduling fee per person will be charged for all scheduling changes.
7. A $1,500.00 deposit is required for a position on our wait-list for the 3 day package, or a $325.00 deposit for the single day. We recommend this option if you have a specific date that you’re interested in and we are currently booked. This deposit will be transferred to a confirmed booking as it becomes available. Each wait-list individual who becomes confirmed will be notified by email, and the non-refundable deposit clause becomes effective immediately. Waitlisted skiers may claim their deposit at any time.
8. Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing will take standby skiers on a space available basis at the rate of $750.00 per day, which includes breakfast, lunch, and 5 runs with the option to ski up to 6 runs at no additional charge. Skiers must arrive by 6:30 A.M. on the day you wish to ski. Standby skiers are subject to last minute cancellation of their seats due to lift changes, weight problems, or other conditions that warrant not flying or skiing. Payment is due in full at the time of booking. If a standby skier decides not to ski, RMH retains $500.00 and will refund or credit the remaining $250.00.
9. Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing accepts Mastercard, Visa Cards, and AMEX for deposits and balances, subject to a 4% administrative charge. We prefer payments be made by check or wire transfers.
10. Bookings can be made up to 1 year in advance.
11. Extra vertical skied will be charged at the rate of $400.00 per run per lift (i.e. over 18 runs/3 day tour, 6 runs/single day). RMH reserves the right to move guests to equal loads for the helicopter which may result in reducing the size of your group and increasing the cost of your lift. RMH reserves the right to terminate extra vertical skiing at any time.
12. Any skier making multiple reservations is responsible for seeing that everyone in his party receives, completes, and returns a Skier’s Information form within thirty days of receiving it. Ruby Mountain Helicopter skiing requires addresses and phone numbers of all persons enabling us to correspond with each person individually. It is possible you may be skiing with persons outside your group. Helicopter lifts are determined by the weight and number of skiers within each group, safety is the key determining factor.
13. EVERY SKIER WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A WAIVER BEFORE SKIING. ANY APPLICANT UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN MUST HAVE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN SIGN THE RUBY MOUNTAIN HELI-SKI WAIVER.
14. If, on any day you elect not to ski or to return to base earlier than the rest of your group, you are free to do so when we can consolidate an entire ski group. The runs skied or made available that day will be deducted from your run total. This is in effect until the guarantee has been reached. If you are injured during your stay or choose not to ski, there will be no refund or compensation for unskied runs.
15. If you wish to fly out because of your ability, injury, airline flight scheduling or any other reason, and the helicopter flight out is unscheduled, you will be responsible for additional charges.
16. Refunds are given only if a person gets less than the guaranteed amount of flying due to inclement weather, avalanche hazard or breakdown of equipment. These refunds are based on the unskied runs of the individuals who have skied the most runs for the duration of their tour (runs made available). When we are unable to fly we have optional snowcat skiing. One cat run equals 1 helicopter run, with a minimum of 3 cat runs. If, at the end of 3 days, you have received less than 15 runs, you will receive a refund at the rate of $80 per run. If at the end of the single day you receive less than 5 runs, you will receive a refund of $80.00 per run. We do not refund guests who do not reach their footage due to poor skiing ability, fitness or injury.
17. Additional ferrying fees may be applied when skiing remote areas.
18. In the event Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing should cancel you as the result of a drought situation your options are as follows:
- To reschedule with Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing at a later date, same year.
- To leave total amount with Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing, and not be subject to any increase in package price for the following year. A fuel surcharge may be applied.
- To leave your deposit with Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing for the following year, and receive a refund of your balance paid. You will be subject to additional price increase for the following year and must be rescheduled within that year.
- Refunds will be mailed to the holder of the space within 60 days following their trip or cancellation date.
19a. In the event Ruby Mountain Helicopter Skiing should cease operation and cancel a tour as the result of any sort of government mandate (i.e. virus outbreak), guests will have the option to either receive a full balance payment refund or roll the balance payment over to the following season. Deposits are non-refundable.
19b. In the event a skier should cancel their trip as the result of a virus outbreak or pandemic, but RMH has not ceased operation, RMH will retain 50% of all balance payments, and will credit the remaining 50% to a tour the following season IF the skier is able to provide documentation as to why they are high-risk (i.e. having traveled to a reported high risk country, has a compromised immune system, falls within a specified age range deemed as high risk, has a confirmed case of said virus or been in direct contact with an individual with a confirmed case). RMH reserves the right to specify criteria for high-risk skiers on a case by case basis, based on official recommendations from the CDC, WHO, or other applicable organizations. If a skier cancels and is unable to provide necessary documentation for high-risk criteria, they will forfeit all payments.
20a. On the rare occasion that the skiers are confined to skiing in the snowcat for the three days of the tour, RMH will refund the amount of runs not skied at the refund rate of $80 per run and will give each skier a $500 courtesy deposit toward another trip in the current year or following year, subject to availability. This deposit has no cash value and is not transferable. This offer only applies when no heli-skiing occurs.
20b. If on the single day ski package we are unable to fly in the helicopter, we will refund you $80 per run, up to 5 runs and give each skier a $500 courtesy deposit toward another trip in the current year or following year, subject to availability. This deposit is not transferable and has no cash value. This offer only applies when no heli-skiing occurs.
20c. For a single day Standby package only: if the aircraft is unable to fly whatsoever during your day trip and no helicopter runs are made, RMH will reimburse the standby skier $250 as a credit toward a trip the same season or the following season. This credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, and must be used during the same year or following year.
21. Prices and policies are subject to change at any time. A fuel surcharge may be applied.
After carefully reading this information, please call our year-round office with any further questions or to confirm a reservation, 775-753-6867, 775-397-1215, fax 1-775-429-2320, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rubies are magic, and can offer you the greatest ski experience of your lifetime. We’re looking forward to another great ski season, and sharing the Ruby Mountains with you.
Joe, Francy and Mike Royer